Author: Printed Silk Fabrics
Change or enhance the look of a room simply by changing the covers on your throw pillows. Covers will also help protect your pillows from everyday wear and tear. The instructions here are for 24-inch pillows.
1. Choose 1 1/4 yards of 45-inch-wide home decorating fabric for your pillow cover. Choose a coordinating thread and 20-inch zipper as well.
2. Prewash fabric, and iron if necessary.
3. Use a fabric-cutting board, yardstick, fabric-marking pen and scissors to measure and cut out two 25 1/4-inch squares of fabric.
4. See "How to Keep Raw Fabric Edges from Fraying" for instructions on how to finish the cut edges of the pillow squares.
5. Add any fabric paint or appliqués to your pillow before you start to sew the cover.
6. Place your pillow pieces right sides together and pin one edge to another. Make sure that edges line up evenly.
7. Insert the zipper into the center of the seam. Open zipper and pin the other pillow edges together.
8. Stitch 5/8 of an inch from the pinned fabric edges and sew the remaining seams. When you reach a corner, lift the presser foot of your sewing machine and swivel fabric so that your stitching line remains straight. Keep needle inserted in fabric as you reposition. Turn the pillow right-side-out. Push out all the corners and insert the throw pillow. Close zipper.
Buy your fabrics at http://www.printedsilkfabrics.com/.
Printed Silk Fabric is the number one source for silk prints in the world. Our libraries hold more than 20,000 prints in different silk qualities.
Printed Silk Fabric provides you with the highest quality silk prints. We always feature the latest styles of designer silk fabric. Our knowledgeable staff has been working in the silk industry for more than 15 years. This allows us to purchase and acquire the silk fabrics in bulk at a lowest possible cost, and pass the savings on to you.
Our art studio has a full-time staff. We created these unique and tasteful designs for you, our valued customers. We add new designs to Printed Silk Fabrics every week.
At Printed Silk Fabrics we are passionate about our products. We want to provide you with the highest possible customer satisfaction. We check and maintain the quality of our products threw out the shipping process. We pack your items carefully to insure that your product arrives in the same beautiful condition that it was sent in.
Our goal is to provide you with quality silk fabrics and have your 100% satisfaction with every order you make. Our promise is to work hard everyday to keep and surpass this promise.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/needlework-articles/printed-silk-fabrics-sewing-tips-how-to-sew-a-pillow-cover-5011758.html
About the Author